Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Dying for your aeroplane to take me in its wings.

Last weekend I had the pleasure of playing at my cousin's wedding. It was a request he'd made to me almost a year ago.


"Alfa," he said. "You're going to sing at my wedding, right?"
"Uh, with my guitar?"
"Yeah."
"Um, ok," I hesitated. "But you know that I have like, literally one love song, right?"
"Yeah, it's cool. We just want you to play," he replied.
So the set list included such anti-love songs as "Love as Tragedy" and "The Lament", but hey... I think it was well-received. I revived "Washington Square" and that seemed to go well. I'm looking forward to taking it out West with me.
So the sojourn begins to Seattle in a few days...
I am still running around trying to do the preparations, feeling a little apprehensive. But I think it'll all be better when I get the first shipment of "Second Skin" tomorrow.

YES! Finally here! Even though it's been more than half a year since most of the songs were recorded (the last track was recorded a just few months ago), it still feels so new. I'm still a little anxious to hear what people think, since it's been undisclosed for so long. What better way to make a splash then go out West (where they don't really know me yet), right? The great Wild West. When I get back, I'm going to see about getting it online. . .

Oh, ANNNDD there's a new shipment of t-shirts coming in. So you can start ordering now at
merch.alfa-music.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment