Sunday, May 3, 2009

CAPA Festival!

It was a rainy day, and we had a bit of a bumpy start driving in for the CAPA Festival, but the set was a lot of fun for us and (I think!) for the crowd that braved the damp weather to check it out. We had our stuff huddled under a tent and umbrellas - Jon's upright bass, Dave's wooden kit, my guitar and keys. It was definitely a long haul, but we got through the day! That's all that matters, right? Plus there was some good food and good people. I was pretty happy to get home and dry off though! :) Now I'm just vegging... video and pics below!




It was a day full of challenges, and more than one group prayer was uttered among me, Jon, Dave, my sister, my bf and Jon's girlfriend... but the bright side is I did get to slip a copy of the album to Alan from Sesame Street, who co-hosted the first portion of the performances. He was SUPER nice and very gracious about it. :) Dave's a big fan so he was all for getting that CD to him. We sold CD's and got some mailing list sign-ups so that was all good in the hood.



Pics below!





Saving the equipment from the rain!

Jon on Bass.

Dave on Drums.

No comments:

Post a Comment