Friday, April 17, 2009

The Virginia Show... maybe postponed?

Got a bit of sad news here... my good friend and wonderful songwriter/musician Rod Garcia, who I was set to perform with next week (April 26) in Springfield, VA had a stroke a few days ago. He's just been released from the hospital and sounds like he's in better spirits, but he may have to postpone the show - understandably.

I had been really excited to play this, also because another good friend, Derek Lee - drummer for a great band that just finished off their Philippines tour, The Speaks - was supposed to play with me. Hopefully we'll be able to jam another time...

In the meantime, I'm going to see if there are coffeeshops or other places to play down there, since we might still take the VA trip after all.

On a lighter note, I'm glad (and honestly a little surprised) to see seven followers on this blog! Woo! :) Thanks for caring enough about my music and my life to want to stop by and listen in for a bit...


Alfa

PS: I am going to be reproducing the new album soon, at least so I have something to show for during the May shows in NY, Seattle and LA... stay tuned! Plus, looks like I may be playing 2 shows out in LA...
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment