Sunday, April 5, 2009

After the Bitter End...


It was a fun night at The Bitter End. Super big thank you to the great folks who dropped in, including friends from Kollaboration, VuDoo Soul who took a bus down from Boston to surprise me (and then proceed to request the "Pi Song" for the encore), some co-workers, old college buddies, my producer, friends of Alex Sovronsky the violinist/melodica player, some family members and even some friends I had made on assignment for my work - they were sweet enough to bring me a bouquet of flowers! 

I was feeling slightly off during my between-song banters... I'm not really sure why. May have had something to do with how busy this day was (had to go to church in Queens and then teach a violin lesson before driving down to Manhattan) as well as a slight wardrobe malfunction ... but my voice was feeling good and Alex and I had fun up there, which is what matters the most!

I also got to play a mellow piano version of "Don't Write Your Goodbyes", which is usually in the fast-paced band format (see MySpace).

Next one... Dag Hammarskold Plaza for the CAPA Festival!
**************************

I always told myself I'd chase rainbows until the end
hover over oceans until I reached land
save tomorrows at the palm of my hand
somehow I never thought
that endings sometimes come too soon
or demons overtake simple tunes
that it's remarkable how wheels can grow
to move even when the heart stops. 
 - Alfa | 4.6.09

No comments:

Post a Comment