Friday, April 10, 2009

Arario Gallery, 4.9.09


It was a little crazy, but I managed through the short set at Arario Gallery, an Asian art gallery in Chelsea. A USC-based group called NetKAL put together a fancy networking function and my new friend Jinny Jung, who co-chairs Kollaboration, invited me to play. My friend G*Lee also DJ'd the event and I got to see some of the Kollab gang again. Hollaaa! :) 
The place was littered with drunk high-rollers by the time I took the stage, and sadly I didn't have my quarter-inch cable (rookie mistake ... oy), so I had to contend with a microphone on my guitar. How positively amateur! 
Kindly, many of the folks standing closeby were supportive, and clapped
 on for a second song, even when I was ready to leave it at one. Good times at the end of the day, and some fancy art too!  Check it...

Two pieces by Hyung Koo Kang.

No comments:

Post a Comment