Friday, October 11, 2013

It's my birthday.

Yes, here's that day again. Instead of getting down about getting older, I'm resolving to focus on the love I'm getting from all my friends and family.  So, OK...no more being emo about life's ongoing progression. :)  [deep breath]
  Also, I figure the best way to get my mind off it will be to play some music, so I'll be hosting the first-ever songwriter's round over at Renaissance Hotel LAX tonight along with some musical friends.


If you aren't familiar with a songwriter's round, that's because the only place it really happens is in Nashville, which is kind of ridiculous because it's a genius idea.  Sidenote* - another genius idea Nashville has is figuring out restaurant splits for the bill before the customer actually orders. (duh!) I digress -  so the way it works is there are a number of songwriters onstage at the same time, each songwriter plays one song at a time, rotating per song until the set is done.  It's a cool way to break up the set, plus it encourages songwriters to communicate with each other. Or at least, that's what happens during good rounds.  Personally, I think it's kind of awkward when songwriters sit up there and don't say anything to each other.  

So yes, if you're in LA and you don't have anything to do tonight, you should come check it out. No cover. Tip jar only. I'll be hosting. There will be happy hour food and drinks... oh and yes, you can buy me a birthday cocktail.  

No comments:

Post a Comment