Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Kollaboration Acoustic Re-cap and Tomorrow Night @ "Walk the Talk"

By some strange alignment of the stars, or something else other-worldly, I came out of Kollaboration Acoustic 3 tying for the Grand Prize along with Mike Isberto. If you've been following me on Twitter or Facebook, you may know this already, but since this blog format allows me to ramble any way I please, I just have to express how totally surprising this outcome was for me. I recall prepping myself thinking that all that mattered was I sold some CD's, maybe made a few new fans and got to network with some other artists (who, by the way, were ALL fantastic! All tremendously friendly, making this East Coaster feel very welcome). So when they announced me as the other winner, I kind of did this: I looked to the audience - searching for someone to explain this descrepancy to me - and then put my hand to my mouth in an instinctive gasp, not really sure what just happened.


I played "Supergirl," which was my instinctive choice. Though I did reconsider the week before. Which song might I have played? I don't think I want to say. :)




Anyway, there is a lot more about my West Coast trip, but I'll save that for another post.

Tomorrow night, I am playing at "Walk the Talk," a fundraiser for Stop Child Trafficking Now. This is an event I'm really psyched to be a part of. Check out the event on Facebook here: http://bit.ly/4ILPP.


The night starts 6:30 pm at the Sage Theatre (711 Seventh Ave., NYC). Child trafficking is a cause that seems to always come back to me. I don't know if it's because the issue is so relevant to Southeastern Asia - though it truly IS in more places than people realize - or just because the thought of this horrendous practice is absolutely disgusting to me. Either way, I hope you'll come out and support this event! There will be a few other singer/songwriters and some video clips, plus the $15 admission includes a drink (alcoholic and non-alcoholic). Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment