Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Back from a long weekend...


A "vertical video" of Saturday's performance of "ISABELLE" at the Bowery Poetry Club.
As you can see, my bf didn't quite realize we would be unable to rotate it once it was uploaded! Here's your opportunity to lie in bed and watch a video... the violin is up quite a bit because of its high frequency - it gets picked up more by my camera microphone than it was during the performance...
Enjoy!

____________________________________

Wow, what a crazy weekend! I wanted to update last night on all the stuff that's been going on, but I'm afraid I'm still stumbling to keep in step with myself.

Add Image
Friday night I had the last rehearsal before Sunday's show at the Bowery Poetry Club. Jon was feeling much better. Alex decided to throw in a melodica in addition to some violin, and we ended up having him play on half the set. We practiced until 11:30 at night, and then I had to get a few hours rest (which really was just 1 hour) before driving my sister to the airport to catch her 5:50 a.m. flight.

I got home and crashed, and later that day ended up in some corporate office on Wall Street, getting set to shoot a music video for Kollaboration New York - a music festival in June that I'm going to fill you guys in on soon enough... anyway, we were on the 52nd floor of this corporate office and the entire floor had been laid off, so there were some killer views out of this empty space... Here let me show you:

Look it's the Statue of Liberty!












We ended up going out to DUMBO later that night to shoot some shots. I ended up freezing in the cold with a dress on . . . ah, the sacrifices we make for art!


Sunday was the show at the BPC. It was So Much Fun! The band sounded great and the crowd was very cool. We had a good number of folks come out, which was really neat for a Sunday night. Stone Forest Ensemble also played - and I hadn't played with them in a while. (Last time I did, we ended up in a jam session backstage at NYU's E & L Auditorium.) Super cool group of guys/girl... here's me with their djembe player, Joshua Benson, who booked us the gig. Look at his awesome shirt *and my cheesy smile! :)














There's Dave rocking out on drums...
above, Alex on violin (left) and Jon on bass (right).











The night was topped off with some good eats at Spitzer's in LES with some Kollaboration friends, including songwriters VuDoo Soul and Nam Ninja - and of course the festival's co-chair Kym Pham.

No comments:

Post a Comment