Thursday, February 5, 2009

Hula dancers and an itinerary of adventures

It's ridiculously cold outside, so I'm not surprised if you might think I was a little crazy for going out for a show. I played a benefit dinner for the American Cancer Society's Asian Initiatives Unit tonight. It was a fun time! Any situation where my set is preceded by a bunch of hula dancers is fine by me. :) My sister and friend Joyce came out to join in, and take advantage of the open bar - which I couldn't really take advantage of until after the set. Nor could I take advantage of the delicious food. :( Oh well... the set was pretty fun, and the crowd demanded a 6th song so I managed to get through "Meaningless Conversation", which I haven't played in a while.

Anyway, I've acquired four business cards and a name on my mailing list. I guess people load up on business card-ammo for these things... they were busting them out like crazy. I gave out a couple of my own too. Oh networking... what a funny game you are.

I've added a few more shows on my lineup. You can check them out here: www.myspace.com/alfa.

I'm playing Drexel U. in Philly come Thursday, and next Friday I'll be at the Five Points in Chinatown, NYC. Come down at 8 p.m. - I'll be featured in their special Valentine's Show! :) They might auction me off for a date, so who knows! hahaha...


That's all for now... cizzaoooo...


a

No comments:

Post a Comment