Tuesday, February 24, 2009

(Don't Ever) Stop the violins

Had a cover story in the paper today, on a local violinist/repairman named John Hsu: http://www.northjersey.com/entertainment/violinrepairman022309.html.

This was one of the most fun stories to write (tomorrow's will be another fun one - I went rock climbing!), and it gave me a chance to go back to my violin-playing days a little bit. I might have my next chance with my old orchestra at their summer concert in Carnegie Hall. We'll see - depends if I get the sheet music and/or find time to practice!

In the meantime, this weekend is a show at Wuzz Up Cafe in my hometown of Bergenfield, NJ. I will open for two Fil-Am bands, Chapter 2 Band and Primo. Please come and check it out! It's on Sunday, Mar. 1 and starts at 7 p.m. (8 Bedford Ave., Bergenfield, NJ)

I've also just booked my first gig in Los Angeles! Okay, so I've played out there before (with the Rembrandts, back in '07), but that was technically just outside of L.A., so this is really going to be exciting for me. It's also a challenge - I've got to somehow get a good crowd out on a Wednesday night...

have any friends out West? :) Help a sister out.

2 comments: