Friday, April 18, 2014

WAR! Teaser // Season of writing.

"WAR!" is debuting on April 22nd on ISAtv, but here's a quick teaser courtesy of Conrad, the director.

I've been transitioning back to a season of writing, and the whole thing feels slightly off-kilter for me. I've learned that the best way to get into creativity is to find a sense of calm.  A lot of the time, this means that normally minor distractions can start to feel like frustrating ones.  That doesn't mean they aren't good distractions - I just played the songwriter's round that I host at Renaissance Hotel last night, and am gearing up for a showcase I'm playing with my publishing company in a few weeks, not to mention I'll be MOH at my sister's wedding in 2 weeks - but my first goal is to be more productive with songwriting. So hyper-focused am I at getting to this goal, that I often forget that the trick is sometimes just to let it go (cue that song from "Frozen" that I'm not actually a big fan of. Sorry.)

So far I've averaged a song per week.  That's OK, the gears are just warming up.  More scratches to come soon...

   By the way, here is the flyer for the showcase I am playing next month.  It is hosted by Gas Can Music, which publishes "World Go Blue," and is open to music supervisors looking to license.  If by happenstance you are a music supervisor who's stumbled onto my blog and would like to join the event, you can email Licensing@GasCanMusic.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment