Thursday, April 3, 2014

Shooting the War! Video

Two weekends ago, I had the immense pleasure of gathering some friends together to help me shoot my video for "War!", which will debut on April 22nd. I can't actually properly express how much fun this whole thing was, so here's a GIF to give you an idea. Photos shot by Red Lebrun:



As you can see, we are decked out in face paint and some interesting costume choices. We got together one Sunday for a massive pillow fight in the park.  We will be pairing these shots with some band footage we gathered at The Great Company in downtown LA.

The idea for this video was born out of a small idea I had a long time ago to pair the song "War!" with some kind of fight. I ran over the list in my head - zombie fight, paintball fight, water fight, and eventually pillow fight. After approaching a couple directors and running into small hiccups left and right, I put the idea on the back burner while doing my travels in the Fall and Winter. Eventually, I brought the idea to my friend and director Conrad Lihilihi, running the idea of a zombie fight past him. He instantly got excited about the concept and came back with some of his own input. I was getting a really good feeling that we were on the same page, and also felt that the video would need the kind of comic timing that Conrad is naturally great at.  Eventually, we fleshed out the logistics and realized the zombie fight would get costly and might seem too violent (I wanted to move away from anything controversial - like in last year's "Blue" video). We opted for the pillow fight instead, and I'm super happy with the way it all came out.  Stay tuned - the video will be officially out soon, but in the meantime, you can listen to it on Bandcamp!

No comments:

Post a Comment