Saturday, June 8, 2013

Ramblings.

When I feel too lazy to write, I force myself to write. This is probably one of my self-projects I'll be trying to work on all summer. I haven't had much time to reflect on life this year, and there's much to be evaluated. Don't mind if I ramble a bit here...

For the first time, I've had a few chances to truly network outside of my somewhat sizeable circle of mutual friends, and third-degree friends. This week I went to a workshop on music placements along with 2 reputable music supervisors. They evaluated my song and the reaction was overwhelmingly positive for "Blue." It gave me a bit of hope that there can be a future for my album, even now that touring is over, press is done, and it's been a few months. Of course there's still a music video for "War!" that I want to do, the release of the "Cup of Coffee" MV, band gigs, and playing in the Philippines later this summer (knock on wood!). But I really want this album to take it up a notch as far as licensing... so I'm also making that a focus for the summer.

Besides my teaching this week, I filmed a music video for Kollaboration and participated in one of my friend's music videos at a warehouse in Central LA. It's going to come out great, according to the director (who also did my "Blue" video), so I look forward to the product.  Today, I spent some time getting comfortable with playing Alt-J's "Breezeblocks," which I plan on doing a video for. I really enjoy that song and today was the first time I really got a feel for it.  I also did a rough idea of a melody for a collaboration with Dan AKA Dan. Felt pretty productive.

This weekend will be about spending time with Rob's dad, who's visiting from New York. It's good to have a little piece of home here.  It'll also be good to have some downtime, although I have to admit, I'm trying to keep the productivity rolling... I have to go back to New Jersey in a week and a half, and then take a weekend trip to SF after that, so that will slow down progress a little bit. In the meantime, I'm debating whether or not I can swing a week-long trip to Nashville to get some writing and recording done with Marc.  We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment