Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Gearing up for this weekend.

No doubt this upcoming weekend is going to be crazy! I'm really excited, at the same time that I am quite dreading the inevitable tiredness that's usually coupled with such craziness. What I mean is, I have back-to-back shows on Saturday and Sunday... and they happen to be 600 miles apart.

Yep. I'm officially crazy.

But I have to say, I'm totally stoked! Saturday I'm flying out super early to perform at the FACT Conference in U. of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. I'm also speaking at one of their workshops during the day, so that should be fun. What I don't look forward to, however, is sitting in the hotel room all by myself.. Oh well, maybe I'll get a good song out of it!

Sunday I'm flying out, again early, to Baltimore for a show in Fort Washington to benefit the victims of the typhoons in the Philippines. Rod Garcia, a fantastic singer/songwriter friend of mine who lives down there, organizes this yearly concert and it's my second year playing. It's always fantastic. It also happens that my grandfather's favorite Filipina jazz singer, Charmaine Clamor, is going to be singing. So I'll be sharing the stage with her... needless to say, autographs and photos will be in order.

:)

Okay... time to rest up for that long weekend! Talk to y'all soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment