Monday, January 26, 2009

Tipsy on pinot grigio


Tonight I spent some time catching up with an old friend, getting through a bottle of Italian pinot grigio and talking about life and everything in between. No names mentioned, but she was most of the inspiration behind "Better", I song I wrote almost 4 years ago about a breakup that was just meant to be. 

It's amazing what alcohol can do to bring clarity, even while it clouds your mind a little. I think it just clouds the needless stuff a little and brings to the fore a landscape-view of the things that really matter, like stepping back and taking in an aerial view of where you've been, and where you have yet to go. 

What am I saying? The point is, cling to the people closest to you, because they're your best landmarks in life. They're the most profound sources of inspiration, and if not, they just bring you back to earth.

 And that's all for now. :) 

Photo by Mike Lesley.

No comments:

Post a Comment