Monday, February 1, 2010

Moment of peace

Hey you guys!
Geez, I really need to blog more often, don't I? It's been busy, but no - that is no excuse!
What have I been doing? Well, after playing the release show, me, Laura and the guys had our final gig of 2009 cancelled due to snow. So, I pranced off to Europe to let off some steam for New Year's, then came back feeling very refreshed! So far I had a show at The Stone Pony with the band - what a kick-ass venue! And then at a house show benefit for Haiti, an event that was really inspiring and successful too! Organized by the lovely Cate Song (www.catesong.com).

Anyway, one of my goals for 2010 has been to get better on my cover song game. Full disclosure: I have never been a big cover-song person, mainly because the whole reason I started songwriting was because I never felt like I was all that great at sounding like other people. So, yes, this whole songwriting thing came out of an insecurity! And it's taken me much further than I thought it would, but now it's time to be gutsy and face those fears. So, if I stick to my guns (and I hope you guys will keep me encouraged even if I wimp out) ... I should have more cover songs up. Right now I have that Grammy blitzkrieg Taylor Swift's "Love Story" stuck in my head . . . HINT.

To the friends I met at Carnegie Mellon - thank you SO much for your comments on this blog, and I am extremely privileged to have had the opportunity to meet and speak to all of you. I'm thrilled that my speech helped you feel a little bit more inspired. I hope you continue to follow all your dreams, and not let anything get in your way. I'm working on your song... it's almost finished, but still needs to be polished. The words written in your index cards have blown me away... I never imagined such a simple project would move me so much. Stay tuned, I'll be e-mailing y'all soon. :)



Much love,

A

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete